At Atlantis Leadership Academy, we understand that each young man who joins our community comes with a distinct family background, life narrative, and a unique set of challenges. While our student body is wonderfully diverse, we also recognize commonalities among our students. These quick highlights, or "snapshots," are not intended as enrollment criteria, but rather as a way to explore if any resonate with your family or your son.
We believe in embracing the individuality of each student, and through our holistic approach to education and personal development, we aim to nurture their unique potential, helping them embark on a transformative journey towards leadership, growth, and success.
WHAT WE TREAT
1. **Digital Addiction:** Excessive screen time, social media pressure, and online bullying can lead to technology-related traumas.
2. **Adoption Adjustment:** Adolescents who were adopted may experience identity and attachment issues, as well as a sense of loss or abandonment.
3. **Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD):** RAD can result from early childhood trauma or neglect, leading to difficulties in forming healthy emotional connections with caregivers and peers.
4. **Academic Failure:** Struggling academically can be a significant source of stress and trauma for adolescents, affecting their self-esteem and overall well-being.
5. **Cyberbullying:** Online harassment and cyberbullying can cause emotional trauma, anxiety, and depression among teens.
6. **Social Isolation:** Excessive use of technology may lead to social isolation, affecting a teen's ability to form real-world relationships.
7. **Adoption Search and Reunion:** Adolescents searching for birth parents or dealing with reunions can experience emotional turbulence and identity crises.
8. **Online Predators:** Teens engaging in risky online behaviors may encounter online predators, leading to traumatic experiences and safety concerns.
9. **Bullying:** Traditional bullying, whether in school or online, can have long-lasting emotional effects on adolescents.
10. **Academic Pressure:** The pressure to excel academically can lead to stress, anxiety, and feelings of inadequacy, contributing to trauma.
It's crucial for parents, caregivers, and professionals to provide support and resources to help adolescents navigate these traumas and challenges effectively.